LIMITED EDITION: Accurascale 16T Mineral - British Steel scrap wagons - PACK OF 3. RRP: £74.95 (PRE-ORDER: £25 deposit)
Total price: £74.95 plus postage (postage rates listed below)
PRE-ORDER NOW TO GUARANTEE YOUR PACK OF THREE WAGONS. STOCK EXPECTED LATE 2024/EARLY 2025.
WHEN PRODUCTS ARE READY TO DISPATCH, THE REMAINING BALANCE OF £49.95 PLUS POSTAGE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE TAKEN FROM YOUR PAYMENT CARD.
We are delighted to announce our next industry-themed exclusive wagon product – a set of three OO gauge British Steel marked scrap wagons in a distinctive livery.
Almost a quarter of a million of British railways ‘standard’ 16-ton mineral wagon were produced from 1950 onwards; all living hard, and damaging, lives with withdrawals taking place continually through their period of use with some of these condemned for scrap or finding use for their last years with industrial users. British Steel acquired life-expired 16T minerals, along with other types, for conveying scrap material to furnaces for recycling resulting in a hotch-potch of types, repairs and condition in an internal use livery which was frequently little more than locally applied ownership marking, numbers and weights marked for the benefit of those handling the materials.
Our set of three British Steel Corporation marked vehicles with patches, local renumbering and weight panels are based on internal use wagons from within South Wales steel sites dating through the 1970s to 1980s and our thanks are made to Hywel Thomas for research assistance in drawing up these typical wagons.
Although the livery of the wagon is in the style of these beaten, tatty and weathered wagons which means they are ready to go into action but it’s a head start for you as a modeller to create an individually created unique model.
Accurascale 16t Mineral Wagon Product Specification:
• Die-cast metal chassis with plastic body.
• Weight of 37g (empty).
• Scale length of 78mm over buffers, and 34.53mm wide.
• Wheelbase of 36mm, allowing operation over a minimum radius of 371mm (1st radius set-track).
• Separately fitted side doors, top doors and end doors.
• Metal 3-hole wheels; chemically blackened 00 Gauge RP25-110 standard, set in blackened brass bearings and conforming to Accurascale standards of 14.4mm back-to-back, on 2mm axles over 26mm pinpoints.
• Eroded metal, plastic and wire detail parts, including handrails, grab handles, side-door handles, lamp brackets, brake gear, draw gear, 3-link and Instanter couplings.
• Turned metal sprung buffers.
Specific livery elements to this exclusive edition:
· Grey body with rust-coloured patched panels and scrape marks
· Dark grey weld seam lines to re-panelling
· BSC and wagon designation in white lettering
· White painted handbrake lever
· Yellow load weight panels and lettering
The price is £74.95 including VAT plus postage for a boxed set of three wagons. The production run is strictly limited to 250 sets. Delivery is expected later in 2024 and orders can be placed with a £25.00 deposit now to ensure you have a set reserved for you.
Postage rates for this product:
Postage is calculated depending on weight. Please note that adding other products to your order will increase the final postage cost.